1. Just because you were born different doesn’t mean you are seen as “different” by the other students.
That’s right! Never think you are different! We were all born different! Because if we weren’t and the world was perfect, everything would be boring!! You are just like everyone less, but with added flair!!!
2. Your disability shouldn’t be the thing that defines who you are as a person!
Your disability shouldn’t stop you from being your wonderful, bubbly bright self! Let your colours flow, and let your passions be heard!
3. Just because you have special needs doesn’t mean you are less valued as a student
This is so true!! You are just as valued as every classmate, the truth is you still participate in the same class activities, learn the same things, do your work and complete assignment and homework!
4. You are just as capable to achieving academic success
Don’t you dare think you don’t deserve that A, you worked hard for it! Your disability wasn’t the thing that was stopping you was it??
5. The way you look doesn’t matter, its a part of you – embrace it!
You can’t Change or hide the fact that you have a disability so why not embrace it!
6. Don’t conform to others because of your disability, let others conform to you!
You don’t have to always sit on the side lines because your afraid that you’ll prevent your friends from having fun! Why let them have all the fun??? Instead, tell them you want to join in and watch them think of a creative way for you to join in on all the action!
7. If people take advantage of your disability, then you need to find some better friends!
Bullying isn’t fun for any of us, and you’ll agree it’s much WORSE when you have a physical disability. If this is happening to you, don’t put up with it, find some besties that embrace and accept your disability!!
8. Don’t hide, you have nothing to be ashamed of, you are beautiful!
Don’t be self-conscious of what others may think of you, remember they all have flaws too! Be proud of your body!!
9. Don’t be afraid to answer questions about your disability
The more people in your school that wants to know more about what happened, the more likely it is that they will come to understand and accept you and be educated!!
10. Remember you are just like everyone else, a student who came to school to learn!
The fact is, at the end of the day, everyone is at school to learn. Worrying about others opinions of what they are thinking of you are not important, they will only affect you unless you let it!
11. Your disability shouldn’t stop you from perusing your dream career!!
You can do all things! Don’t ever think you can’t be a scientist, because it wasn’t cut out for people like me with a disabilities, I mean look at Steven hawking’s!!! It’s never impossible to achieve your dreams, all this are possible with some determination and passion!
12. You have a voice, use it!!
Don’t be scared to speak up if you have a disability! Your opinions and thoughts are just as valued, so never think they aren’t there’s no such thing as silly answers!
13. Don’t give up you have been through much worse!
When times get tough and homework, school drama and Assignments get the best of you, remember you have been through much worse!! Always remember you are one tough cookie! YOU got this, take a break, chill and always ask for help!
14. Remember to smile because you’re one amazing person and people need to see that!
Remember you are never alone! High school can be tough business but, consequentially, people who were born with a disability or sickness tend to smile more!!! So, show off that wonderful smile!!!!
What things have you learnt being a student in high school with a disability???
Login or Signup to share, we’d love to know!!!
Written by Rep_McTruides